In the busy thing we call “life” how often do we really take the time to recognize the things we are most thankful for. We all seem to be rushing through life.. but rushing to what? I was sitting at my desk this morning, doing my usual routine, logging on to Facebook, Twitter, reading various newspaper on line, and suddnely realized it I had a smile on my face.
I was thinking of the image of my 3 grandchildren, who I am raising, as they got on the school bus this morning. Each was dressed in their Hallowe’en costumes, and cute as a button. They were all so proud, my youngest grandson as the strawman from the Wizard of Oz, the eldest as some sort of Ghoul, and my granddaughter as a leopard. She happily sat as I stroked a few whiskers on her face with eyeliner, drew a little black button nose, and of course a little colour for the lips. They were all so happy!
I stopped working and thought about the many things I have that I am grateful for.. Or course we all encountered roadbocks along the way and things in life that challenge us, but I believe they are put there for a purpose … to make us strong and wise. Here is just a small list that immediately came to mind:
- I am actualy thankful I am growing older so I am here to raise my grandchildren, who otherwise would have had an unpleasant life. I am trying to age with my health, and with grace so I can set an example for them.
- I am thankful for my family, my 3 grandchildren and my children.
- I am thankful I am still healthy so I can continue to work to support them, and provide them with a home, clean clothes, good food and stability.
- I am thankful I still have my eyesight so I can actually see the words I am typing, and to see the little faces of my grandchildren.
- I am thankful for my sense of hearing, so I can hear my grandchldren when they tell me they love me, or hear my daughter’s voice on the other end of the phone, or I can hear the sound of rain.
- I am thankful for my sense of touch, so I can feel my grandchildren when they hug me, or feel the texture of the fabric of my clothes or the breeze in the wind.
- I am thankful for my sense of taste to savour the tast of foods I love, pasta sauce, the sweetness of fruits, of chocolate cake, or the sourness of a dill pickle.
- I am thankful for my little Shih Tzu, Delilah, who makes me smile every day, and for my cat Meriposa, who leaves me gifts of mice at my back door.
- I am thankful I can still walk, run or curl up on my favourite chair.
- When I am stuck in traffic, I am thankful that I actually have a car to drive.
- I am thankful that I wake every morning to see the sunrise of yet another day.
- When the grandchildren are screaming at each other, I am thankful I have them to love, and that they love me.
- I am thankful for my many friends and colleagues who support me when I need them.
- I am thankful for what I do and for what I have accomplisehd in my life as a single parent raising my own children, and now raising my grandchildren
- I am thankful for having a sense of humour and of still being able to laugh, as they say, laughter is the best medicine
- I am thankful for being a Canadian, living in the best country on earth.
- I am thankful for the sunshine, for bringing light and beauty, it feels so warm and an relaxing on my skin.
- I am thankful for the profession I have chosen, for putting my clients interests first and foremost… it gives me such a sense of pride and accomplishment when my clients are happy and I know I have done a great job for them.
The list could go on, and on.. but its a lesson in life. don’t sweat the small stuff.. life is too precious. Concentrate on what is truly important and be thankful for every day you have, despite the bumps in the road… we never know when it will end. Don’t forget to hug your kids!!
When did you last take the time to think about the many things you are grateful for?
I live and work in STREETSVILLE and have a vested interest in property values here. Are you considering buying or selling or know anyone who is? Give me a call for a complimentary evaluation of your home in this changing market. (416) 717-6331.
When you choose me to handle your real estate needs, you are choosing a real estate professional who cares about you and your family, and who will listen to our needs, work together with you, protecting your intersts to achieve your objectives.
Your STREETSVILLE Real Estate Agent
Experience, Service and Integrity in Every Real Estate Transaction
I am the proud recipient of the Quality Service Certified Platinum award for outstanding serivce to my clients – a rating of 100%
Helping You Make The Right Move since 1987. Call me at (905) 363-4622 or direct at (416) 717-6331.